When you buy tickets through AXS, we want you to understand the fees you’ll pay. As fans ourselves, being transparent about fees is important to us.
The first thing to understand is that fees vary by venue and event. The ticket face value is set by our clients (venues, promoters, event organizers, etc.). Ticket fees are determined in collaboration with our clients. A portion of these fees collected goes to AXS. The rest, including the entirety of the face value, goes to our clients.
Here’s a breakdown of the fees you might see and what they are:
- This is a per-ticket fee (sometimes called a convenience fee/web charge) that is shared between us and our clients. The portion we keep helps us cover the costs involved in running our business and offering you the ability to purchase tickets online, or through our app or phone service.
Order Processing Fee
- This is a per-order fee, and our portion helps cover costs associated with receiving and confirming ticket orders.
- This is a per-order fee that is based on your selected delivery method (USPS, Will Call, e-ticket, etc.). The types of delivery methods offered vary per event. Delivery via AXS Mobile ID is always free.
- Each client will determine if a facility fee is required. These fees are typically used to help with the operational costs of the venue. AXS does not share in this fee. We simply collect this fee on behalf of the client.
- This is a per-ticket fee (sometimes called a buyer connection or buyer fee) for resale tickets only. This fee is shared between us and each client, and the portion we keep helps us cover the costs involved in running our business and offering you the ability to purchase tickets online, including through AXS Official Resale.
- City, state and local taxes (GST in Canada) are typically included in the face value of the ticket or within the service fee. In some instances, taxes may be included as a separate charge.
Note: Service fees are a regular part of most ticket purchase transactions. Reduced fees may be available when purchases are made directly through the venue box office.