Whenever you buy tickets through AXS, we want you to understand the fees you’ll pay, who sets them, and what they cover. As fans ourselves, being transparent about fees is important to us.
The first thing to understand is that fees vary by venue and event. That’s because the ticket price – including the face value and the fees – is set by our clients (venues, promoters, event organisers, etc.). A portion of the fees collected goes to AXS, and the rest, including the entirety of the face value, goes to our clients.
Here’s a breakdown of the fees you might see and what they are:
- This is a per-ticket fee (sometimes called a convenience fee/web charge) that is shared between us and our clients. The portion we keep helps us cover the costs involved in running our business and offering you the ability to purchase tickets online, or through our app or phone service.
Order Processing Fee
- This is a per-order fee, and our portion helps cover costs associated with receiving and confirming ticket orders.
- This is a per-order fee that’s based on the selected delivery method (postal, collect at box office, etc.) and it helps cover the costs of shipping and handling orders. Not all delivery methods are available for each event, and there’s no delivery fee for Flash Mobile Delivery Tickets.
- Our clients determine if a facility fee is required. When one is, we collect and submit that fee to our clients and pass directly to them
- This is a per-ticket fee (sometimes called a buyer connection or buyer fee) for resale tickets only. This fee is shared between us and our clients and the portion we keep helps us cover the costs involved in running our business and offering you the ability to purchase tickets online securely, including through our fan-to-fan resale marketplace.